The villa was originally a 16th Century mill and functioned as such until 1950; the waterwheel is still here and continues to provide its historical testimony of old rural traditions.
Mulinoantico is surrounded by two acres of private parkland. The building comprises: the left wing, containing two large rooms, the Millstone Room on the ground floor and the Granary Room on the first floor; the dramatic and light-filled central portico and the barchessa (outbuilding) on the right, with its two great arches (these can be completely opened) melding the villa interior with the nature around it.
The restoration of the villa in 2006 has faithfully respected the heritage of the building and the park, creating an exclusive and flexible venue for events of all kinds. The spacious car-park can accommodate up to 60 cars.